Sunday 18 May 2014

Langkawi

Flight from KL to Langkawi 141 MYR (not included in total)
Taxi to hostel 22 MYR
Accommodation for 2 nights 70 MYR
Lunch at Troppo Co 40 MYR
Visit to Inifinty Pool at La Villa (with drink) 48 MYR

Accommodation for 3 nights 444 MYR
Breakfast at Troppo Co 27 MYR
Drink at Cinamons 6 MYR
Dinner at Restoran Almaz 20 MYR

3 day yoga retreat including classes, Mangrove tour, massage, transport lunch and dinner 720 MYR

An additional 20 MYR for taxis
An additional 12 MYR for snacks
An additional 30 MYR for gifts

4 days and 6 nights in Langkawi set me back 1,459 MYR (£270) with half of that attributed to the yoga retreat which was costly but worth it, to me. With that in mind, I can't really give a daily total since the yoga ran from Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon and I didn't do much elsewhere.

I originally opted for a private room at Zackry Guesthouse, which was nice enough for the cost but not a lot in the immediate area to do. Then I moved to Tubotel, a concept hotel where you slept in tiny little pod tubes of course! It was very expensive and whilst every effort was put into making the hotel nice (and it was) the location and surroundings were crap - an industrial site, 20 minutes walk from the main strip. 

I did the yoga retreat with Langkawi Yoga; I was the only one to sign up for the retreat that weekend so I got it all one-on-one which was really great because I had a bit of an arm injury from my bike fall in Ubud! This stopped me from putting too much pressure on it (no downward dog for me) but Dorothy, the instructor, was more than accommodating, adjusting the routine for me. I absolutely loved it, the location was great, most sessions were held high in amongst the jungle facing out to the sea, with others on the beachfront. As a relative beginner, I didn't find it too difficult. I would love to come back and do a longer retreat.

The Mangrove tour was good but not really for me - it was a lot of bird watching and nature. But the company (Dev's Adventure Tours) were great. 

The weather was fairly rubbish when I was there, with large spells of rain in the morning or afternoon, with greyness covering the rest of the day. Langkawi was lovely and I wish I had longer there, if the weather was better I could have spent another week there.

Now I'm at the airport for a mega day of travelling to get me to Hanoi; I need all your fingers crossed to make my connecting flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment