Friday 25 April 2014

Jogjakarta

Flight from Jakarta to Jogyjakarta 294,200 IDR (not included in total)
Accomodation for 2 nights, and cancellation charge on a 3rd night 800,000 IDR (by 2)
Private tour to Borobodur and Prambanan, inclusive of transport 225,000 IDR
Entry to Prambanan 198,000 IDR
Entry to Borobudur 220,000 IDR
Dinner at Pizza Hut 50,000 IDR

Dinner at hotel restaurant 28,000 IDR 

An additional 50,000 IDR for taxis

All that rounds out to 1,175,000 IDR for two whole days and nights (approximately £30/day) which isn't too bad considering the entry fees to the temples and the private car hire was very expensive. But we didn't do anything on the second day so they must have been really expensive...

I absolutely loved Prambanan, I was a in awe that it looked so majestic, I would totally love to go again. I think because we had arrived so early in the morning (7am) paying the extra for a private, air conditioned tour was definitely the best choice because it let us see the sights and leave our bags with the driver. At Borobodur, most of my time was spent dealing with the locals wanting pictures or to practice their English on me so it wasn't a very nice experience. I literally couldn't turn around without another person asking something of me - because I'm white/female/ginger/taller than them? Who knows. We visited Maliboro Street too but it was a poor excuse for a travellers market.

We stayed at Pondok Gajah Homestay; it was okay, nothing to write home about and we left a day early because we would have rather got on our way. Be aware of expenses like this, fortunately we saved about 200,000 IDR from the room rate of the third night by cancelling that and I'm glad we got out. 

Pizza Hut was okay as well. The meal in our hotel was just because of convenient and neither of us felt too well but it was nice, I had fried tofu and Nasi Goreng (and fries, shhh). 

Onwards to Mt Bromo and Ijen Crater now...

No comments:

Post a Comment