Wednesday 25 June 2014

Bangkok, part II

Accommodation for 4 nights 4380 Baht
Cocktail at the hotel 110 Baht
Lunch at the hotel 350 Baht
Dinner at Escapade Burgers and Shakes 300 Baht
Drink at Silk Bar 105 Baht

Bubble tea at Panda Tea 55 Baht
Cinema ticket 200 Baht
Dinner at Heiroku Sushi 400 Baht
Dessert at Swensens 150 Baht

Dinner at Popiang House 300 Baht 
Dessert at Full Moon Cafe 45 Baht

Lunch at Full Moon Cafe 114 Baht
Dinner at Ranee's 160 Baht

A leisurely breakfast/brunch/lunch at Chomp 500 Baht
Transfer to the airport 100 Baht

An additional 1010 Baht for gifts
An additional 300 Baht for snacks
An additional 470 Baht for tuk tuks, trains and taxis

Staying in Bangkok so long wasn't planned, but we got comfortable and started to relax. Once that happens, you don't want to pack again and move, especially not when its the last place you'll be. So we got settled in and I spent approximately 8000 Baht in my 4 days here, meaning I spent about £36 a day.

Again, my accommodation was very expensive but so bloody good. Chillax Resort was the place, with a spa bath in the room, rooftop pool and a million other things that makes it super-luxe.

Escapade Burgers and Shakes were reasonably priced burgers and shakes, as you would expect. Delicious burgers (don't go chicken as John found out) and shakes (the Oreo and ginger one, OMG) was exactly what I needed. The food at Chomp was fantastic too; I had the meatball pasta and for someone who doesn't go in for red meat all too much (save for burgers), it was really really good. I kept on about it all day.

Yet again, the cinema was awesome - if a little cold because of the monsoon rain we had been caught in just before, and the aircon being on full blast - but the best thing I had done whilst there was visit the Chatuchak Weekend Market. After nearly 3 months in Asia, I had had my fair share of markets and their haul - but this was different, everything was unique with really great products, not just your usual tat. The clothes were a much nicer quality and we got so many things between us.

For the last time, I'm at the airport going...HOME. Can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment