Monday 2 June 2014

Luang Prabang

Flight from Vientiane to Luang Prabang £28.47 (not included in total)
Taxi to city 50,000 Kip (by 2)
Accommodation for 4 nights 320,000 Kip (by 2)
Dinner (and cocktail) at Utopia 70,000 Kip

Lunch at Joma's Bakery 49,000 Kip
Entry to Mount Phousi 20,000 Kip
Dinner at Salt and Pepper 25,000 Kip
Cocktail at Lao Lao Garden 35,000 Kip

Yoga at Utopia 25,000 Kip
Tuk tuk to Kuang Si Waterfalls 50,000 Kip
Entry at Waterfalls 20,000 Kip
Dinner at The Coconut Restaurant 35,000 Kip

Dinner at Delilah's 40,000 Kip
Beer lao at L'Etranger Books and Tea 15,000 Kip
Cocktail at Hive Bar 40,000 Kip

Muffin at Joma Bakery 12,000 Kip
Meal at Hive Bar 39,000 Kip (by 2)
Tuk tuk to airport 70,000 Kip (by 2)

An additional 115,000 Kip for gifts
An additional 35,000 Kip for snacks
An additional 20,000 Kip for taxis
An additional 45,000 Kip for laundry

In four full days and nights I spent 730,000 Kip (£57.38), which is approximately £14.34 a day - bloody good value for money I think. 

We stayed at Sysomphone Guesthouse for £5.92 per person, per night with air con, hot shower, nice room etc. The family were lovely too, helpful in booking tours, looking after luggage and so on.

My favourite thing was either the yoga at Utopia (I loved it, despite sweating more than I ever thought possible), or the Waterfalls. Of course, for the unique experience the waterfalls wins: it was an amazing place to see and there were the 'dead skin eating' fish in the water so that was a great freebie too (if you could withstand it!).

My favourite meal was at Coconut Garden, I had the tofu curry and it was delicious. The Night Market was a great place to explore and though they had very few food options, it might have been nice to try something more authentic. 

My favourite evening was our last, the movie night at L'Etranger Books and Tea - each day of the week a different new release is shown, we saw Inside Llewyn Davies, and I really liked it as a film, very funny.

As great as Luang Prabang was, we lucked out a lot with things being open; maybe that's what you get when you go in off season! But be sure to check in advance.

At the moment, I'm waiting for my plane to Bangkok, to be reunited with 3 friends and my boyfriend, so we can take Thailand by storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment